At the beginning of the 21st century man again turns to nature.
Herbs known and used for centuries re-find their place in the everyday life of people.
It is very important that every household in their pharmacy to always have the most commonly used medicinal herbs.
Some medicinal plants are to be used for treating specific ailments, while others have a generalized positive effect on our health when used regularly.
Many herbs belonging to the latter group have found their way into our culinary scene as flavoring agents.
Your medicinal garden should ideally have such plants that have practical uses for the common man besides being easy to grow.
Here’s a practical guide to a few of the accessible herbs that have stood the test of time.
There are hundreds of remarkably common herbs, flowers, berries and plants that serve all kinds of important medicinal and health purposes that might surprise you:
- insect repellent
- fever reduction
- pain relief
Еveryone Should Have A Small Home Pharmacy Of Medicinal Herbs
A Small Home Pharmacy Of Medicinal Herbs
Herbs should be stored in a cool, dry place, sealed in appropriate boxes, glass or cardboard.
- Drying herbs – Before drying the herbs do not wash! The required parts of the plant are finely cut and are disseminated in a thin layer or non-print canvas paper.
- The flowers, leaves and other above ground parts should be dried in the cold, or ventilated rooms or in warm ventilated rooms (attic).
- Roots and juicy parts can be dried with artificial heat sources, but be careful not to pass the temperature over 35 degrees Celsius.
- Good to know that over time the plants lose their medicinal properties so it kept just one season!
- Chamomile – reduce nervous tension, colds, stomach cramps
- Lime – cough, cold, throat problems, insomnia
- St. John’s Wort – headaches, stomach cramps, and treating all types of wounds
- Oak leaf – recovery of the body after the disease and disease of the lung
- Mulberry leaf – against diabetes and constipation
- Hives – against anemia and various wounding
- Thyme – against improper digestion
- Melisa – against mental illness, vomiting and stomach pain for children
- Dandelion – against blisters, fever and ulcers
- Mint – colds, headaches, stomach cramps and nervousness
- Walnut leaf – strengthening the blood and good digestion
- Colts foot leaf – cough, asthma and lung diseases
- Wormwood – to enhance appetite and against liver diseases
- Horse tail – disposal kidney stones and against lag in urination
- Rosemary – against heart disease and kidney
- Wild strawberry leaves – against sclerosis against inflammation of blood vessels
- Buds – against inflammation of the tonsils and improve blood counts
- Lavender – to soothe and relieve cramps and treatment for heart disease
- Marigold – used for wound covering and frostbite
- Yarrow – against asthma, stomach illnesses and reumah
- Stems from cherries – against kidney disease and difficulty urinating
- Angelica – removal of flatulence and treating respiratory
Еveryone Should Have A Small Home Pharmacy Of Medicinal Herbs – Drying Mint: