There are many soup varieties that help you lose and maintain your weight.
Soup is an excellent source of beneficial vitamins and minerals.
They are low in calories, fat and carbohydrates.
Lose weight and warm up this winter with these healthy soup recipes, the season’s ultimate hunger-killing meal.
All packed with fiber, protein, and other healthy ingredients to keep your belly full and metabolism revved—all winter long.
They will definitely help to fit your diet,there are easy to prepare and also very delicious!
4 Healthy Soups To Fit Your Diet
1. Vegetable Diet Soup
Vegetable soup is one of the best soups to eat. Vegetable soup is made with potatoes, carrots, onions, green beans and green peas. The combined nutrition of each vegetable adds a great number of vitamins and minerals to your diet. Potatoes are a good source of potassium and carrots provide beta carotene. Onions are known for their antioxidant properties, while green beans and peas provide fiber.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 small Yukon Gold or red potatoes (about 4 oz. each), cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme, parsley or basil, optional
- Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add carrot, onion and celery and cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and potatoes.
- Pour in broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until flavors have blended and potatoes are slightly softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini, squash and broccoli and continue to cook until potatoes are cooked through and vegetables are tender but not mushy, about 7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and herbs, if desired.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
2. Tomato Soup
Tomato soup is a favorite low calorie and low fat food. It has 0 cholesterol and low carbohydrates. It’s a good soup to eat for lunch or dinner without the worry of adding to many calories. Tomato soup is also an excellent source of Lycopene , it is a powerful antioxidant found in red vegetables such as tomatoes.
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 pounds plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Place half of tomato mixture in a blender.
- Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender.
- Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters).
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl.
- Repeat procedure with remaining tomato mixture.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Ladle 3/4 cup soup into each of 6 bowls;
- top each serving with 1 tablespoon yogurt and 1 1/2 teaspoons basil, Enjoy:)
3. Minestrone Soup
Minestrone is very low in carbohydrates and calories. It’s made with potatoes, corn, carrots, tomatoes and other healthy vegetables. As with tomato soup, minestrone provides lycopene. Minestrone is also good for adding fiber, protein and iron into your diet.
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes with liquid
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup small shell pasta or macaroni
- 1 cup shredded escarole or kale
- 1 15.5-oz. can cannellini or navy beans, drained
- Grated Parmesan, for serving, optional
- Combine carrots, celery, onion and garlic in slow cooker.
- Pour in broth and stir in tomatoes, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. Enjoy 🙂
4. Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Chicken and vegetable soup is great for your diet. This soup is hearty enough to eat as a meal. It has provides large amounts of protein and fiber to keep your digestive tract working properly. A healthy digestive tract is essential for maintaining your weight. It breaks down food and converts it into energy. This energy is just what you need to exercise each day.
- 1 (32-ounce) carton fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 (8-ounce) container refrigerated prechopped celery, onion, and bell pepper mix
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrot
- 1 (14-ounce) package frozen baby potato and vegetable blend (such as Birds Eye)
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced roasted garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a covered large Dutch oven.
- While broth mixture comes to a boil, place potato-vegetable blend in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap; vent.
- Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes.
- While frozen vegetables cook, add garlic and next 4 ingredients to broth mixture; cover and continue to cook.
- Using kitchen shears, snip cooked potato-vegetable blend into bite-sized pieces.
- Stir potato-vegetable blend, spinach, and milk into broth mixture.
- Cover and cook over high heat 5 minutes or until carrot is tender.
- Sprinkle with additional black pepper before serving, if desired…
4 Healthy Soups To Fit Your Diet!
video – Magic diet soup: