Eczema is an inflammatory condition of the skin due to the excessive acidity of the lymph glands. Characterized by flaking skin, preceded by fluid-filled blisters which are very itchy. It may affect any area of your skin, but it typically appears on your arms and behind your knees, and it tends to flare periodically and then subside.
While DNA may be the underlying cause of eczema in many cases, there are a number of triggers that can cause a flare-up:
- Certain foods
- Stress and
- Contact with particular plants and chemicals.
But Lam points out that no one has the same triggers all the time and sometimes there’s no discernible trigger. The patches can show up anywhere on the body, most commonly on the joints of the arms and knees. And it’s a moving target, just as you clear up a blotch on your leg, another shows up on your neck.
Recipes That Help Alleviate Eczema
Top 7 healthy foods for eczema are:
- Banana: High in potassium, contains histamine-lowering nutrients, magnesium and vitamin C.
- Beef or chicken broth: Provides skin-repairing amino acid glycine.
- Potato: Rich in fibre, potassium, vitamin C and is alkalizing.
- Green onions: Contain histamine-lowering, anti-inflammatory quercetin and a rich source of vitamin K.
- Buckwheat: Gluten-free and contains quercetin to lower histamine and has a strong anti-inflammatory effect.
- Rice milk: Low allergy and low in chemicals and considered eczema safe.
- Mung bean sprouts: Strong alkalizing food.
1. The Eczema Eliminator Drink
You have to know that it is vitally important to create an alkaline environment in the body when suffering from this unpleasant skin condition.
- 2 liters of Mineral water
- 1/2 teaspoon of mineral-rich Pink Himalayan Salt
Directions: Aim to drink these mineral-rich beverages once a day.
2. Beet and Carrot Soup
This recipe is rich in nutrients that help protect the skin. Also, has been shown to possess strong anti-inflammatory properties which may, therefore, help alleviate eczema symptoms.
- 3 medium Beets, peeled and diced
- Canola oil – 1 tbsp
- Onion, chopped – 1 cup
- Carrots, diced – 1 pound
- fresh Ginger, minced – 1 tbsp
- Garlic clove, minced – 1
- 1.4 liters (6 U.S. cups) vegetable stock
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until golden brown. Add ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add beets, carrots, and stock.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered until beets and carrots are tender, about 25 minutes.
- In a food processor, purée soup in batches.
- Taste soup and adjust seasonings.
- Serve hot or cold, garnished with cilantro leaves. (Serves 4)
3. Stop Eczema Juice
Eating vegetables with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties can help relieve the inflammation and itchiness associated with eczema. Juicing is a convenient way to get these benefits.
- Carrots – 1 cup
- Celery – 1/2 cup
- Parsley – 1/4 cup
- Spinach – 1/3 cup
Directions: Process ingredients in a juicer. Make sure ingredients are organic. Drink once a day and enjoy!
4. Ultimate Eczema Cleanser
To alkalize the body, take juices containing some of the following ingredients. Progress may be quite slow but steady, speeding up if the other dietary constraints are applied with perseverance.
- Cucumber 1/2
- Celery – 1 stick
- Avocado 1/2 ripe
- 3 Apples
- Spinach 1/2 cup
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Clear Skin Boost – contains zinc, lecithin, selenium, burdock root, flax seeds, EFA’s red clover and friendly bacteria, which all contribute to glowing healthy skin.
Directions: First put the avocado in a blender then juice all ingredients and blend until smooth.
5. Manuka Honey Mixture
A 2003 study investigated the effects of a mixture containing the following ingredients. The participants who had had no prior treatment applied this mixture to the affected areas on one side of the body, and Vaseline to the affected areas on the other side.
This treatment you should repeat 3 times a day during the two-week trial period.
- Manuka Honey
- Olive oil
- Beeswax in a 1:1:1 ratio in patients with atopic dermatitis (a type of eczema).
If you find this article interesting and helpful, Please don’t forget to share and pin with your friends and family, Thank You! 🙂
Recipes That Help Alleviate Eczema Sources: HTTP://www.healwithfood., http://www.chatelaine.com,