5 Natural Tips That Greatly Help You in the Fight Against Dark Underarms
The dark skin under the underarm does not look pretty at all, so numerous people would rather find a way to solve this issue. Dark coloration of the skin in the underarms – armpits region is usually not a disease or medical condition.
The main causes of dark underarms are Shaving, using chemicals laden hair removing creams, a buildup of dead skin cells, poor ventilation in the armpits region, and regular use of alcohol-based deodorants and antiperspirants.
You can think of it as your skin’s response to exposure to some elements, just like a suntan that occurs from exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays. Yet, there are ways you can sometimes use to correct or conceal things and enhance your appearance.
Natural Tips Against Dark Underarms:
To get rid of your dark underarms and restore your confidence, use these simple natural home remedies that are effective, affordable and safe as well.
You need to put in efforts, time and have patience, but surely you will be able to lighten your dark underarms. We reveal extremely simple ways to help you find a solution!
They are simply amazing in this case, as they have a beneficial effect on the skin, remove the dark skin areas, and cause no adverse effects.
- Cut a thin slice of potato and scrub it on your underarms.
- Shred the potato and apply the juice on your underarms.
- Leave it for 15-20 min. and then clean your underarms with lukewarm water.
- Do this procedure at least twice a day and the results will surprise you.
2. Baking soda
Baking soda can be used to make an exfoliating scrub to get rid of dark underarms. This will help remove dead skin cells, which is one of the main causes of dark underarms. It will also help unclog skin pores.
- Mix baking soda and water in order to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on your underarms and rub it well.
- Clean the paste on your underarms an let it dry.
- Repeat this several times a week.
- Baking soda is helpful in removing the bad smell.
Lemon works as a natural bleach and a powerful antibacterial and antiseptic agent. This is why lemon is used in the treatment of various skin-related problems including dark underarms. Lemon can dry out your skin, so apply a moisturizer after using these remedies if needed.
- Cut a lemon slice and scrub it on your underarms for several minutes.
- Leave it for 10 min. and rinse it off.
- Apply moisturizer after that because the lemons could make the skin harsh.
The vitamins and fatty acids present in milk can help minimize underarm darkening. It will soften the skin and make the skin tone much lighter.
- Add 2 tablespoons of full-fat milk
- 1 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt
- And Mix them into a paste
- Apply the paste on your underarms and leave it for 15 minutes
- Rinse it with cold water
- Repeat this process several times in a week.
Vinegar can also come to your rescue when you wish to get rid of your dark underarms. This remedy will not only lighten the skin color but will also kill germs and bacteria that feed on dead skin cells causing underarm odor.
- Mix flour and vinegar and make a paste
- Apply the paste on your underarms
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then wash it with warm water
- Repeat this several times a week.
Note: Check With Doctor, If Above Dark Underarms Treatments Do Not Work!
Your armpits – underarms may be dark due to a medical condition is known as Acanthosis Nigricans, a skin disorder, which is often associated with obesity, insulin resistance, hormonal disorders, certain medications, and cancer.
This medical condition results in velvety, light-to-brown skin in areas, including the underarms/armpits. Such a condition can not be treated with home remedies, and you must consult a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.