6 Effective Ways How To Properly Use ACV For Sinusitis
Sinusitis is an inflammation of the lining of the sinuses.
It affects many people, and sufferers only seek for an instant solution that does not provide long-term improvement. Drugs are commonly used in the treatment of this ailment, but as we already mentioned, they only provide a temporary relief.
There are thousands of remedies for sinusitis, but none of these cures the infection completely.
Use apple cider vinegar to relieve your infection, and prevent its recurrence.
6 Effective Ways How To Properly Use ACV For Sinus Infection
This vinegar is packed with vitamins E, A, B1, and B1, calcium and magnesium, which helps in clearing sinuses and treating sinusitis.
Thin the Mucus – It has the ability to thin out the mucus that clogs sinuses, and make you feel bad. Its pH value breaks down the mucus, and help you breathe and feel better.
Prevent Bacteria growth – Acids stops the growth of harmful bacteria, and thus prevents the worsening of the infection.
Antibacterial and Anti-fungal properties -This vinegar destroys all bacteria that cause the infection, and prevent its recurrence.
Use apple cider vinegar to treat sinusitis – It can be used in several ways. You can take it alone, dilute it in water, or combine it with other ingredients that boost its potential.
Here is how to Add ACV to your home remedies for aching sinusitis:
1. Direct consumption
This is the easiest and the most effective way to treat the infection.
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Take a tablespoon of ACV 3 times a day to relieve sinusitis.
- Regular consumption will stop the infection, and prevent its recurrence.
Note: Apple cider vinegar is not recommended for pregnant women and nursing mothers, as it may have a negative effect on the baby.
2. Apple CV Tonic
This may also help you a big deal. Use it regularly to cure your infection instantly.
- 2 tbsp. Organic ACV
- 8 ounces Water
- Add the vinegar to your water. Stir well and drink.
- Drink this vinegary remedy to prevent sinusitis.
- You can also add a quarter cup of vinegar to 16 oz of water, and drink it throughout the day.
Note: Gargle this liquid to relieve sore throat.
3. CV Steam
This method relieves sinusitis as it clears the nasal passage. ACV has strong anti-fungal and antibacterial properties, and it destroys the bacteria that cause the infection. Use this method as a safe, natural and powerful way to treat sinusitis.
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Add your liquids to the saucepan, and warm up the mixture.
- Cover your head with a towel, and inhale the vapors.
- Repeat the treatment several times a day to relieve your infection and treat the symptoms.
4. ACV and Honey
When combined with honey, apple cider vinegar is even more powerful.The antibacterial property of honey destroys bacteria, relieves the irritation, and cures the infection.
Its anti-inflammatory properties relieve the inflammation in your throat. This combination boosts immunity and prevents infections:
- 2 tbsp. ACV
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 8 oz Warm Water
- Add the ingredients to a glass of warm water.
- Stir until the honey dissolves completely.
- Take the remedy to relieve the pain caused by sinusitis.
5. ACV Decongestant
This decongestant removes the excess mucus from the chest. It also relieves other sinus symptoms like difficulty breathing. You will also need some cayenne pepper, honey, lemon juice, and ginger.
Capsaicin is the active ingredient in cayenne pepper. It relieves nasal congestion and the inflammation that narrows the nasal passages.
Antibacterial properties in honey destroy the bacteria. It reduces the inflammation, and prevents it from becoming even worse.
Lemons contain vitamin C, which boosts immunity, so fresh lemon juice will relieve sinusitis efficiently.
Ginger has strong antibacterial properties. It is also an anti-inflammatory agent like zingiberene, gingerol, and shogoal, which work in a synergy to treat the infection.
- ¼ cup ACV
- ½ tsp. Cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. Ginger powder
- 3 tbsp. Honey
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- Add the liquid ingredients to a saucepan, and stir well. Simmer on low for a few seconds.
- Stir in honey, cayenne pepper, and ginger powder.
- Transfer the mixture in a jar, and store it in a dark and cool place.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of the remedy every time you deal with sinusitis.
Note: Add a dash of turmeric powder for a greater effect. This spice has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
This remedy clears the sinuses, and removes the mucus. This vinegar has strong antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which loosen up the mucus, and treat the infection.
- 2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Warm Water
- Add the vinegar to your water.
- Pour a tablespoon of the liquid on your palm, and inhale it with one of your nostrils, while closing the other nostril with your finger.
- Tilt your head back, and allow the liquid to go deeper in your nose and your throat. You can either swallow the solution or spit it out.
- Repeat the same step with your other nostril.
- Repeat the treatment twice a day until your condition improves.
Note: Use raw and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar. Make sure it has “the mother” in it, too.
These remedies will help you relieve your sinusitis, and treat symptoms like sneezing, sore throat, fatigue, but the most important thing is that these methods will prevent its recurrence.
Drink plenty of water to eliminate the bacteria and prevent fungal buildups in the sinuses. Water also breaks down the mucus.
Eat more foods rich in vitamin A to boost your immunity.
Drink less alcohol, because it swells up the nasal passages and membranes.
Moisturize your nose with saline sprays.
Use warm compresses.
Place warm compress over your face, and make sure it covers your nose and eyes.
This will thin out the mucus, reduce the congestion, relieve pain, headache and soreness.
Drink less soft drinks, because these dehydrate the tissues.
Do not eat or drink cold foods and drinks
Dairy products cause phlegm, so you may want to reduce the intake of these, too.
These home remedies will relieve your infection.
However, if none of these helps you, consult your doctor for a fitting therapy.
Always consult your doctor before applying these treatments if you are pregnant, breast feeding or take medication.
6 Effective Ways How To Properly Use ACV For Sinusitis – Via: http://www.explorehealthyfood.com;