Green peas are rich in vitamins and minerals, fiber and protein.
It is a source of vitamin K which activates osteocalcin , a protein that allows incorporation of calcium into bones.
Also is a source of vitamin B6 and folic acid and affecting lowering homo cysteine, a molecule that can disrupt cross-linking of collagen in bones, and thus to increase the porosity of the bone, and thus the risk of osteoporosis.
Peas is rich in Vitamin B6 and folic acid along with vitamin K, participate in maintaining the health of the cardiovascular system so that regulate levels of homo cysteine whose growth accelerates the development of atherosclerosis. Also Vitamin K is important for blood clotting.
Awesome Metabolism Booster Recipes For All Peas Lovers
Peas are a good source of vitamins B1 and B5 (pantothenic acid) riboflavin and niacin necessary for the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
Pantothenic acid plays an important role in the regulation of why stress stimulates the adrenal gland work.
It is important to note that contains vitamin C which is very important for the development of processes that defend the body from damaging molecules of DNA that are considered precursors of malignant diseases.
The pale green pods of young peas also have 84 calories per 100 g and are rich in calcium, iron, vitamin A and B and lecithin which strengthens concentration.
Green peas is a particularly good source of iron, a mineral deficiency in the body which often leads to anemia, fatigue, and decreased immune function.
For these several reasons you may need to include peas in your daily menu at least twice a week,.
Here we offer some low calories, healthy recipes which are taste and easy to prepare.
- 200g podded fresh peas or frozen peas
- 200g sugar snap peas, topped
- 200g small snow peas, topped
- 100g pea shoots (see note)
- 2 cups mint leaves
- 200g marinated Persian feta, (see note) drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with salt
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tbs. honey
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs. dried mint
Directions for dressing:
- For the dressing, combine the crushed garlic,lemon juiceand honey. Slowly whisk in the extra virgin olive oil. Stir in the mint and season with black pepper.
- In a large pan of boiling salted water, cook fresh peas for 5-6 minutes (3 minutes if frozen), adding the sugar snap and snow peas for the final 2 minutes.
- Drain and refresh under cold water. Cool completely.
- Place the vegetables in a large bowl with the pea shoots, feta, mint and dressing and toss gently to combine.
2. Rainbow Smoothie
- 2 cups organic frozen mango
1/4 c organic juice
1/4 c organic frozen peas
6 oz. organic peach whole fruit yogurt
Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth, Enjoy the taste!
3. Honey Glazed Pods and Carrots
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed
- 3 tbs. butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tbs. honey
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Add carrots and cook until tender crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add pea pods and cook until tender crisp, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in the same pan and stir in cornstarch.
- Return carrots and peas to pan and stir in honey.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
Awesome Metabolism Booster Recipes For All Peas Lovers!
video: Easy peas soup ready in 5 minutes!