Bitter melon (Momordica charantia) is a vegetable that is common in kitchens all over Asia. It is also used for medicinal purposes in China, India, Central America and elsewhere around the world.
The Easter medicine has been using bitter gourd for problems like:
high blood pressure, painful menstruation, kidney stones, colic, malaria, skin infections, fever, hemorrhoids, stomach cramps, diarrhea, high cholesterol, and glaucoma.
This plant is high in moxonidine, cucurbitacins, charantin, cucurbitacins, peptides acid, glycoside, alkaloids, proteins, and momorcharins.
Researchers believe that the primary constituents that are responsible for the hypoglycemic properties are oleonic acids, momordicin, cucucrbutanoids, and quarantine. They have been pointing out to the anticancer and hypoglycemic properties of bitter melon.
Bitter Melon Kills Diabetes and Stops Breast Cancer
The Garvan Institute of Medical Research and the Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica have done some researchers on how to effectively treat type 2 diabetes using bitter melon.
B. melon- contains chemical compounds which are able to activate AMPK. It encourages glucose transporters movement to the cell surface.
If there are more transporters on the surface of the cells then it will increase the uptake of glucose from circulation in the blood into the tissues like muscles. This will lower the blood sugar levels.
The researchers came to a conclusion that bitter melon had modest hypoglycemic effects which significantly reduce fructosamine levels from the baseline among the patients who have type 2 diabetes and received 2,000 mg/day. And the hypoglycemic effect of this fruit was less than metformin at 1,000 mg/day.
In recent years, studies have shown that bitter melon leaf and fruit extract can also be very effective for cancer healing and prevention, especially for breast cancer.
According to the newest study, the bitter melon extract is able to trigger a chain of events on a cellular level which stops breast cancer cells from multiplying and kills them, too.
The extract is able to modulate several signal transduction pathways and this induces the death of breast cancer cells. And it can be utilized as a dietary supplement for prevention. One can consume bitter melon as a fruit, as a drink, or add it to smoothies, there is a supplement form available, too.
By now it should be obvious that bitter melon glycosides are pretty amazing substances when it comes to health, And not only for cancer healing and prevention but also, insulin resistance, metabolic regulation and in lessening the inflammatory response.
So, without a doubt, when it comes to breast cancer prevention and healing, it is more than just a common kitchen vegetable. It has also been shown to be effective in other forms of cancer as well.
Other Benefits of Bitter Melon:
– It can be helpful in ridding the body of kidney stones through naturally breaking
them down. Bitter melon reduces high acid that helps produce painful kidney stones.
– Help lower dangerous cholesterol levels with bitter melon. Reducing cholesterol significantly reduces heart attack, heart disease, and stroke.
– Have a “glowing” effect on the skin and is helpful in treating acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
– It is extremely low in calories and very filling. Lose, or maintain a healthy weight, with bitter melon.
Anti-Cancer Bitter Melon Juice recipe:
- ½ Bitter Melon aka bitter gourd removes seeds and pith, chopped coarsely.
- 2 small Beetroot 1 big, raw or cooked (chopped for blender).
- 1 teaspoon Ginger finely grated or powder.
- 1 teaspoon Honey.
- 1 medium Carrot (substitute).
– Put the b. melon, beetroot, and ginger through the fruit juicer, separate as much foam.
– Add honey or stevia to taste.
– Instead of beetroot you could substitute instead carrot and make b. melon carrot juice.
– If you would like to make adjustments suiting your palate, balance by using salt, lemon juice or honey with small adjustments to your liking.
Bitter Melon Kills Diabetes and Stops Breast Cancer Cells From Growing and Spreading – Via: