These days it is impossible to escape the fact that we need to eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables every day to make sure that we enjoy good health throughout our lives.
Today’s busy lifestyle mean that more often than not we find ourselves grabbing food as and when we can, giving little thought to its nutritional content and more to convenience and speed of preparation.
With all the fuzz around the store-bought foods, it is pretty much complicated to find your way out of this improper environment, where you are encouraged to consume all those foods with additives, added sugars, carbohydrates and fats.
Thus, toxins and free radicals start flowing freely through your body, endangering your health at a great deal and banishing your positive mood.
All research points to the fact, however, that both our long-term and short-term well being depends on our being more careful about what we eat, especially when it comes to fruit and vegetables.
We should learn to regard food as an important and valuable commodity that will not only enable our body’s to perform at their optimum best for as long as possible but also improve our appearance.
Juicing offers many life-enhancing health benefits including detox, a faster, more efficient way to absorb immune boosting nutrients naturally found in fruits and vegetables.
It provides a way to access digestive enzymes typically locked away in the fiber matrix of whole fruits and vegetables.
Read THE BEST five reasons to juice and some excellent and easy ways to prepare delicious detox drinks.
Don’t Let These Detox Juice Tips Slip Away:
- Juicing will help our bodies recover from illness and protect us against disease.
- Juicing can make sure that we get our daily recommended intake of vitamins and minerals easily.
- The folic acid found in fruit and vegetables contributes to both healthy hair and nails.
- The antioxidants in fruit and vegetables are essential for healthy, attractive skin.
- Juicing is a convenient and healthful way of supporting a weight-loss program.
1. Watermelon & Strawberry Detox Juice
- Makes 200 ml (7 fl oz)
- 200 g (7 oz) strawberries, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 200 g (7 oz) watermelon
- small handful of mint leaves, plus sprigs to decorate
- 2-3 ice cubes
Directions: Hull the strawberries. Skin and deseed the melon and cut the flesh into cubes. Transfer the fruit to a food processor or blender, add the mint and process with a couple of ice cubes. Pour into a glass, decorate with mint sprigs and whole or sliced strawberries, Enjoy!
2. Grapefruit & Ginger Detox Juice
- 2 chopped grapefruits (peel and pith removed)
- 5 chopped carrots
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
Directions: Press grapefruits, carrots, and ginger through a juice extractor. Stir and serve immediately and Enjoy!
3.Celery Cucumber Detox Juice
- 1/2 pomelo grapefruit
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 apple
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 lime
- 1 handful of ice
Directions: Peel the grapefruit and lime. Juice all ingredients.Place juice in a blender with the ice, then blend until smooth.
Don’t Let These Detox Juice Tips Slip Away- more ideas >>>