There are three types of Diabetes:
– Type 1 Diabetes – used to be known as insulin-dependent diabetes,
– Type 2 Diabetes – as non-insulin dependent diabetes and
– Gestational Diabetes – occurs in pregnancy and typically resolves after childbirth.
Eating regular meals throughout the day helps the body maintain blood glucose levels within the desired range, helping prevent the situations of hypo or hyperglycemia.
The main treatment for Type 1 Diabetes is insulin, which is taken by injection or through an insulin pump.
The three main nutrients in food are: Carbohydrate, Protein, Fat.
Helpful tips for eating and drinking your way to a life with Type 2 Diabetes: Consume more apple cider vinegar, Eat more leafy green vegetables, Eat more sea vegetables, Eat more Celtic Sea salt and other mineral-rich earth salts, Drink more fresh coconut milk, coconut water.
Helpful tips for eating and drinking with Gestational Diabetes: Eat less carbohydrate, Choose better sources of carbohydrates, Spread your carbohydrates throughout the day.
Drinks With Countless Benefits That Treat Diabetes:
Fresh, whole fruits, as well as blended green smoothies not only provide a healthy way for diabeties to get more fruits and vegetables in their diet.
Green smoothies also may help reverse some of the diet and lifestyle problems that exacerbate diabetes, or contributes to its progression.
1.Green Smoothie for people with Diabetes
- Handful of spinach
- 3 slices of cucumber
- 1/2 stalk of celery
- 1 teaspoon of organic cinnamon
- 2 frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of flax seed
- 1/2 cup of blueberries(frozen or fresh)
- 3 tablespoon of organic rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao
- 6 ounces of unsweetened almond milk
Directions: Blast all the ingredients in blender. ( Makes around 8 to 10 ounces).
2.Cinnamon Smoothie for people with Diabetes
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stick (complete)
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 lemon with skin
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of fresh water
Directions: Blast all the ingredients in blender. (Makes three day supply).
3.Coconut Milk Drink for people with Diabetes
- 1 small orange, peeled
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
- 1 large kale or chard leaf
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 serving vegan protein powder
- 1 teaspoon goji berries, soaked for 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened organic coconut milk
Directions: Blast all the ingredients in blender.Water to adjust consistency to personal preference.(Approximately 4 cups)
People with diabetes have a higher risk of developing foot problems, since the disease can damage nerves and blood vessels in the feet.