This Fat Burning Spicy Quinoa Cumin Crunchy, savory, bursting with flavor salad are totally addicting. It’s the perfect salad for any occasion and can be customized to your “spiciness” liking.
Need to lose weight in a hurry? There are so many approaches that work, but this one is more effective than most.
Eating salads is a quick way to get a trim. This isn’t anything new, but sometimes we need to be reminded of simple approaches that work.
Everybody and everybody’s diet is different. But if you’re a time-strapped dieter trying to lose weight, you’re bound to eat a lot of salad.
The yummy spices and other ingredients overpower the kale while the dressing softens it. This tasty salad is quick and easy to make.
- You’ll have a filling, nourishing and absolutely delicious meal for 4 people.
- Preparation Time: 15 min and
- Cook Time: 15 min. Enjoy!
Fat Burning Spicy Quinoa Cumin Crunchy Salad Recipe
- 1 cup Quinoa, uncooked
- 6 cups chopped Kale, de-stemmed
- 1/2 red Onion, chopped
- 1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Corn
- fresh Cilantro, chopped 1/4 cup
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- Apple Cider Vinegar 1/4 cup
- Hot sauce of your choice 1/4 cup
- Water 1/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon Maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- Sea salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a medium sized pot, combine 2 cups of water with 1 cup of quinoa and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy.
- In a large salad bowl, add the kale and the onion.
- Once the quinoa is done the cooking, add in the black beans and corn to the pot. Mix it up. You could just add these over the kale but I wanted to warm up the beans and corn.
- Add the quinoa mixture over the kale and mix.
- Prepare the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, mix and enjoy!
Note: Stays fresh in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
Benefits of the Ingredients:
We need to take in fewer calories than we burn in order to lose weight. It is known that certain properties of foods can facilitate this process, either by boosting metabolism (increasing calories out) or reducing appetite (lowering calories in).
Quinoa has several such properties. It is high in protein, which can both increase metabolism and reduce appetite significantly.
It is rich in antioxidants and phytosterols, natural substances of plant origin that are similar to cholesterol in their structure and function.
They inhibit the absorption of harmful cholesterol in the digestive tract, which could be the explanation for their weight reducing the effect.
Cumin can also speed up your metabolism, both due to its spiciness and because it has a lot of iron in it. Iron is vital to your metabolism, so adding more to your diet can actually help you burn more calories.
And the more calories you burn, the more weight you lose!
Fat Burning Spicy Quinoa Cumin Crunchy Salad Recipe – Via: http://familylifegoals.com/