Almost every girl wants glowing clear skin, the kind that doesn’t require any makeup – it just always looks flawless, leaving you looking like you’ve just walked off the set of a some beauty commercial.
We’ll try any product out there that will help us get that glowing, flawless complexion we’ve always been dying for.
While regularly wearing sunscreen and moisturizing daily are a huge part of it, something not everyone realizes is how much your diet can affect your skin.
Certain foods are known to contain antioxidants, vitamins and other necessities that are vital in clearing up our skin, so why not start consuming them right away!
Did you know that what you put inside your body can also affect your skin?
Green smoothies are great for skin, thanks to all the antioxidants found in leafy greens.
While for some, the color may be a little hard to get over, adding greens to your smoothie is so worth it.
We’ve gathered up some delicious smoothies full of the best ingredients for you to try, so you can drink your way to a clear complexion in no time.
Glowing Skin Care Smoothies
1. Green Skin Beauty Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh greens (spinach, kale, and any other leafy greens)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen fruit (bananas, grapes, pineapples, apples or berries)
- Add (milk,soy milk, coconut milk or water) to give your smoothie some texture
Directions: Put the ingredients in blender and blend until smooth,enjoy!
2. Glowing Skin Smoothie
- 1/2 cup plain coconut water
- 2 frozen ripe bananas, previously peeled & sliced
- 1 cup chopped pineapple (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup chopped mango (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups spinach or kale
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- optional: 1 Tablespoon ground flax or flax seed oil
Directions: Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed,add more coconut water if it’s too thick.
3. Hawaiian Beauty Smoothie
- 1 frozen ripe banana, previously peeled & sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup Bai5 Molokai Coconut
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice
- cherries and pineapple chunks for decor
Directions: Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender to really get that banana blended. On high, blend all of the ingredients listed – in that order – until thick, creamy, and smooth about 3 minutes. Stop to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
4. Pumpkin Beauty Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup (120g) vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup (120ml) skim milk
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup (150g) pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup ice
Directions: Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth,add more milk to thin out if it is too thick.
5. Very Berry Beauty Smoothie
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 6 large strawberries
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon honey (optional)
Directions: Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order and blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth, add more coconut water if it’s too thick.
Glowing Skin Care Smoothies – video: