Cabbage belongs to the family of cruciferous vegetables that are widely known for their abundance in health benefits.
This leafy vegetable is an excellent source of vitamins C, K and B6, and a very good source of dietary fiber, folate, copper, vitamin B1, potassium and manganese.
In addition, it is also rich in vitamin B2, calcium, iron, choline, magnesium, pantothenic acid, niacin, protein, phosphorus and calcium.
Alternative medicine has used cabbage, more particularly its leaves, in the treatment of various health ailments, including strains, sprains, swelling, and ulcers.
Owing to their powerful anti-inflammatory properties, they have also been used to relieve joint pain caused by arthritis or sports injuries.
How To Use Cabbage Leaves To Soothe Your Pain:
Even though the efficiency of this treatment has not been scientifically proven, cabbage leaves have been used for years as a cheap, natural remedy to treat joint pain and inflammation.
Due to its being a completely natural way to relieve pain, many people who suffer from arthritis use it in order to cut down on medications.
People suffering from gout, who have tried this remedy, claim that it really helps soothe or even get rid of the pain they felt due to their condition.
What you should do is: take a few cabbage leaves, put them in a plastic bag and store it in the freezer.
- Once you start feeling pain,
- Take the frozen cabbage leaves,
- Place them around the painful area,
- Wrap your feet with a towel and
- Allow your warm skin to unfreeze them.
Provided that the treatment is truly effective, the gout-fighting chemicals contained in the cabbage leaves will enter your skin and dissolve uric crystal deposits.
Even if this doesn’t happen, the frozen leaves will at least calm and relieve the inflammation.
The practice of this treatment in one Swiss hospital involves wrapping the swollen joints of rheumatoid arthritis patients in cabbage leaves and leaving them overnight to relieve pain and swelling.
- For this treatment, it is best that you use savoy cabbages.
- Have the central ribs cut out from several cabbage leaves,
- lay the leaves on a chopping board,
- and bash them with a rolling pin so that they start releasing their juices.
Afterwards, put the leaves onto your swollen joints and secure them by wrapping your joints with gauze bandages. This should provide great relief.
Soothe your swollen feet by wrapping them with cool white or green cabbage leaves.
- Sit down, relax, lift your feet up and keep in that position for at least 30 minutes.
- Due to the cabbage’s amazing water absorption properties, it will help draw out the excess fluids from your feet.
Allergic reaction to cabbage is rare.
However, if you experience any itching or swelling in the area where the cabbage leaves are applied, you should immediately remove them.
If the irritation doesn’t cease or becomes worse, consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Here’s How To Use Cabbage Leaves To Soothe Your Pain – Via: www.fitfoodhouse.net, source: www.lifehealthandfood.com