Summer time is when most people look for help and advice on getting rid of ants in the house.
According to research by Stanford University, ants come into our homes and apartments because of weather conditions. Pest control products are extremely dangerous for our health.
The National Library of Medicine’s Toxicology Data Network reports that at the time of exposure, cypermethrin — one of two active ingredients in Raid Ant & Roach Spray can cause shortness of breath, coughing and congestion.
It can also cause an asthma attack and wheezing.
The primary ingredient in most commercial insecticides is a nerve agent that disrupts the insects’ nervous system through direct contact.
These toxic chemicals can have the same effects on humans if enough of the agent enters the body.
Rather than using harmful chemicals in and around your home to get rid of ants, opt to use peppermint essential oil. This can be sprinkled in the bathroom or in the kitchen, in areas that ants frequently visit.
Ants don’t like strong smells. They mess up their scent trails and communication, not to mention it covers their bodies if they literally have to crawl right through it-which they do, with this essential oil spray.
Few Ways To Get Rid Of Ants Naturally
- Essential Oils. When a forager goes out and discovers food, it marks the path from the food to the nest using a pheromone trail. (Clove Essential Oil ,Pepermint Essential Oil, Lemon Or Orange Oil, Tea Tree Essential Oil)
- Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
- Citrus Peel Spray
- Dr. Bronner’s Soap
- Baking Soda & Powdered Sugar
- Lemon Juice
Simple Spray Mixture – Homemade Natural Ant Repellent:
- 30 drops Clove Essential oil
- 30 drops Peppermint Essential oil
- 4 oz Water
- Mix essential oils and water in a spray bottle.
- Shake well.
- Spray anywhere you see ants.
- Repeat if necessary.
How To Get Rid of Ants in Your Home with Simple Spray Mixture – Original Article Source: http://livingtraditionally.com/