Find out how to prepare the healthiest Garlic, Ginger, Onion Soup to defeat and treat several conditions!
Forget the flu shot with this healthy soup based on more than 50 cloves of garlic, onions, thyme and lemon will destroy almost any virus that enters its path including colds, flu, and even norovirus.
Good thing that Mother Nature is looking out because garlic can do more than just give you bad breath!
We’ve known and used its healing properties for thousands of years, since the Ancient Egyptians, and it can actually help you get over your cold and flu much faster.
How To Prepare Healthy Garlic, Ginger, Onion Soup That Defeats Colds, Flu, and Even Norovirus!?
- 26 Garlic cloves (unpeeled)
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) organic Butter (grass fed)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne powder
- 1/2 cup fresh Ginger
- 2 1/4 cups sliced Onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh Thyme
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- 3 1/2 cups organic Vegetable broth
- 4 Lemon wedges
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place 26 garlic cloves in small glass baking dish.
3. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and toss to coat.
4. Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake until garlic is golden brown and tender about 45 minutes. Cool.
5. Squeeze garlic between fingertips to release cloves. Transfer cloves to small bowl.
6. Melt butter in a heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
7. Add onions, thyme, ginger and cayenne powder and cook until onions are translucent about 6 minutes.
8. Add roasted garlic and 26 raw garlic cloves and cook 3 minutes.
9. Add vegetable broth; cover and simmer until garlic is very tender about 20 minutes.
10. Working in batches, puree soup in a blender until smooth.
11. Return soup to the saucepan and add coconut milk and bring to simmer.
12. Season with sea salt and pepper for flavor.
13. Squeeze juice of 1 lemon wedge into each bowl and serve.
Health Benefits of the Ingredients:
It has been used all over the world for thousands of years. Records indicate that garlic was in use when the Giza pyramids were built, about five thousand years ago.
Packed with antioxidants, a daily dose of garlic in your recipes could benefit your immune system.
One of the most interesting of the recent findings is that garlic increases the overall antioxidant levels of the body.
Scientifically known as Allium Sativa, garlic has been famous throughout history for its ability to fight off viruses and bacteria.
As we sneeze and cough our way through these dark months of contagious nasties, garlic is being hailed for its powers to halt viruses in their tracks.
It has gained its reputation as a virus buster thanks to one of its chemical constituents, allicin.
It is among the healthiest and most delicious spices on the planet. It is loaded with nutrients and bioactive compounds that have powerful benefits for your body and brain.
Also, it has a long history of use for relieving digestive problems such as nausea, loss of appetite, motion sickness and pain.
The root or underground stem (rhizome) of the ginger plant can be consumed fresh, powdered, dried as a spice, in oil form or as juice or soup.
Ginger has a warming effect and stimulates circulation, it inhibits rhinovirus which can cause the common cold, In the intestinal tract, it reduces gas and painful spasms.
Like garlic, onions are members of the Allium family, and both are rich in sulfur-containing compounds that are responsible for their pungent odors and for many of their health-promoting effects.
The phytochemicals in onions along with their vitamin C help improve immunity.
Also, onions contain chromium, which assists in regulating blood sugar and for centuries, onions have been used to reduce inflammation and heal infections.
Note: Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
How To Prepare Healthy Garlic, Ginger, Onion Soup That Defeats Colds, Flu, and Even Norovirus!? Original Article Via http://wisemindhealthybody.com, http://healthimpactnews.com