How To Treat Split Ends and Dry Damaged Hair Naturally at Home
Split ends start creeping in when we become too busy to hit the salon with regular spas and trims. But once they do appear is cutting off the long locks your only option?
Although very few people know, there are several kinds of hair splits and each has its own remedy.
Trichoptilosis or the scientific name for split ends is generally the longitudinal splitting of the hair fiber. These splits can be generic at the end of the hair, split occurring in the middle of the hair strand which appears as a loop, and repetitive splits occurring on the same strand.
How To Treat Split Ends and Dry Damaged Hair!?
Dry hair develops when your hair doesn’t get or retain enough moisture. This reduces its sheen and can make it appear frizzy, lifeless, and dull. It can affect men and women of any age, but you’re more likely to develop it as you get older.
When your hair is dry, the outer layer breaks down, causing it to appear dull and unhealthy. A variety of factors can lead to dry hair, including environmental conditions, hair care habits, and your physical health.
There are a few very easy home remedies for split ends and dry hair. Not only will they remove the already accumulated ones, they will also prevent the formation of any more split ends in the near future.
1. Egg Mix
One of the ever best remedies to make your strands free from split ends, dryness, and dullness is the application of egg. There are various ways, in which, the egg can be applied to your hair.
- You can apply egg mixed with olive oil/almond oil and honey as a hair mask, and wash off after 30-45 minutes.
- A beaten egg with a spoon of water can also be applied as shampoo.
- You can also pour orange juice and a banana in two eggs and apply as a hair mask.
- Keep it for 30 minutes and wash off.
2. Hot Oil Conditioning
Hot oil conditioning is one of the oldest and most proven home remedies for split ends. To see wonderful transformations in very little time and using littlest amount of condiments possible one should try this treatment regularly.
- Heat some olive oil or coconut oil or almond oil in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Make sure it is not scalding hot and massage it in gently on your scalp.
- Leave it on for 45 minutes to an hour.
- For extremely dry hair one can leave it on overnight as well.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and mild shampoo.
3. Papaya Mask
- Take a ripe papaya and half cup of yogurt.
- Blend them to get a pulpy paste.
- You can apply this as a hair mask for about 30 minutes and wash off.
- This will give your hair sheen and solace from split ends.
4. Avocado Mask
Avocado is a rich source of vitamins A, D and E which are all extremely important for the nourishment of your hair. It is filled with proteins and fatty acids which nourish and condition your hair better than the best conditioners found on the market today.
- Mash a ripe avocado.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil and coconut oil till you achieve an emulsion like creamy state.
- Apply all over your hair but do NOT apply to the roots.
- Rinse it off after 30 minutes and shampoo.
5. Beer Treatment
Beer is actually good for your hair and is considered as a great conditioner.
- Rinse your hair with beer after shampooing them and you will be really amazed to see the shine and gleam into your hair.
- Rinsing your hair every time with beer, whenever you shampoo, will help your hair in trouncing the problem of split ends.
6. Honey Treatment
The sweet condiment is as good for your hair as it is in your morning tea. It is a miracle treatment for stubborn split ends.
- Mix some honey and curd till the paste is thick.
- Apply to the ends of your hair.
- Wash it off after 30 minutes or so with a mild, hair-friendly shampoo for lustrous, healthy hair.
How To Keep Hair Split Ends Away?
- Use sun protection serums or simply a scarf/hat on the beach.
- Wash hair in cold water whenever possible.
- Use fine satin or cotton pillowcases to prevent harsh friction while you sleep.
- Use a mild shampoo and natural conditioners on a regular basis.
- Deep condition on a regular basis.
- Towel-dry your hair, but gently and avoid heat and chemicals whenever possible.
* If you find this article interesting and helpful, don’t forget to share with your friends and family!
How To Treat Split Ends and Dry Damaged Hair Naturally at Home Via http://homeremedyshop.com; www.healthline.com/symptom/dry-hair