The beauty and health benefits of Honey have been known to the mankind since centuries.
This magical potion contains anti septic and anti-microbial properties which speeds up the healing process.
It contains 80% of sugar and the rest 20% consists of nutrients like iron, calcium, phosphorus and Vitamin C, B and magnesium.
This property of honey prevents the growth of bacteria by producing enzymes which prevent bacterial infections.
Honey is a beneficial ingredient for the skin and can easily treat skin problems such as acne, dry patches and dark circles under the eyes.
It’s an effective, cheap and easy solution to many common beauty woes that affect millions of women.
Honey possesses powerful antiseptic, antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and humectant properties that can improve the health of your skin.
Honey is used in cosmetic and skin care industries for its cleansing and moisturizing properties, but it is extremely beneficial if you use as a natural care – treatment.
How To Use Honey To Fade Scars, Delay Skin Aging, And Stop Hair Loss:
Here are the top 7 benefits of Honey for your skin and hair:
When a scar forms on a visible body part, it can look very unpleasant which is why people are desperate to get rid of it. While scars are hard to treat, honey can lighten the skin in the area and reduce the appearance of the scars.
Honey will revive your skin cells and accelerate the healing of the scars resulting in smooth and soft skin.
- Mix some Honey with Extra-virgin Coconut oil
- Apply the mixture on the area massaging it gently into the skin
- Put a warm cloth over and
- Leave the remedy to work until it cools down
- Repeat the process twice a day and the scar will be gone soon.
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease that affects the skin cells and causes symptoms such as redness, itching, blisters and lesions.
Honey can soothe the inflamed skin area and protect it from infections, effectively reducing the effects of psoriasis. According to a 2003 study, topical application of honey on the affected area can cure psoriasis vulgaris as well as dermatitis.
- Mix a teaspoon of Honey
- Olive oil and Beeswax in a bowl, then
- Warm it until the beeswax melts
- Stir the mixture until it cools down then
- Apply the lotion on the affected area every day until you see results.
Heals cuts and wounds
Thanks to its powerful antibacterial properties, honey can heal smaller cuts and wounds.
It will draw fluid away from the affected area and accelerate the healing process while preventing the growth of microorganisms and reducing the risk of infections.
A study from 2013 has shown that honey can treat acute wounds, although it’s not as effective against chronic wounds such as skin ulcers.
To treat minor cuts and wounds:
- Spread a thin layer of Manuka Honey on the area, then
- Bandage it for a few hours and
- Clean with a wet cloth once done
- Repeat the process as needed.
Acne are caused by excessive oil secretion as well as dust trapped in the pores, but honey’s antibacterial properties will treat the condition effectively and prevent infections.
- Apply some Honey on the affected area, then
- Leave it to work for half an hour and
- Rinse with lukewarm water afterwards.
- You can also make a mixture of 1 tablespoon of Honey and
- Half a tablespoon of Cinnamon, then
- Apply it on the area and
- Wash it off after 5 minutes.
Delays the aging process
Honey is an excellent source of antioxidants that will keep your body protected from free radicals. It will also keep your skin hydrated and make it glow.
- Mix some Honey and
- Fresh Lemon juice in equal amounts, then
- Apply the mixture on your face and neck and allow it to dry.
- Rinse with warm water in the end, and repeat the process twice a week for best results.
- You can also mix 2 tablespoons of Honey and
- Avocado pulp each, then
- Spread the mixture on your face and neck and wash it off after half an hour
- Use this nourishing mask once a week.
Stops hair loss
Honey can effectively treat baldness due to the germicidal and fungicidal properties that can stop hair loss and stimulate hair growth.
- Mix a tablespoon of Honey and Onion juice, then
- Massage your scalp and hair roots with the mixture.
- Leave the remedy for 30 minutes, then wash your hair as usual.
- Repeat the process twice a week.
Another option is to use a Honey and Yogurt hair mask to stimulate hair growth.
- Just apply the remedy on your hair
- with for 30-40 minutes then wash your hair as usual
- Repeat the process 2-3 times a week.
Makes your hands soft
Dry and rough hands are a problem for many people, but Honey can help you in this case as well.
- Just rub a small amount on the dry patches and
- leave it to work for 10-15 minutes, then
- take a shower and apply a moisturizer afterwards.
- You can also mix some Honey and Glycerin, then
- Apply the mixture on your hands and let it dry.
- Repeat the process every day until you see results.
Women keep on hunting for that magical beauty ingredient which can impart a healthy glowing skin, hair…
If you are hunting for such a beauty ingredient for that ever-lasting glow, then it is time to stop your hunt here.
Honey, especially raw or unpasteurized, is a fabulously versatile and all-natural ingredient to use for beauty.
Next time you’re browsing the grocery store shelves, look for raw honey, which hasn’t been heat-treated or pasteurized, because it contains more active phytonutrient antioxidants and enzymes for enhanced benefits.
How To Use Honey To Fade Scars, Delay Skin Aging, And Stop Hair Loss – Via: