Life Meaning Reasons To Consume Green Tea and Avoid Many Disease
Green tea is the healthiest beverage on the planet. Most teas contain vitamins and antioxidants, but green tea goes one step beyond. It is loaded with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins, which function as powerful antioxidants.
It has been linked to prevent many disease:
- antioxidants in Green Tea may lower your risk of various types of Cancer.
- may protect your brain Lowering your risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- can kill bacteria, which improves dental health and lowers your risk of Infection.
- may reduce your risk of Cardiovascular Disease.
- has been shown to improve Blood flow and lower Cholesterol.
- compounds in Green Tea can Improve Brain Function.
- green tea seems to help keep blood sugar stable in people with Diabetes.
Life Meaning Reasons To Consume Green Tea – recipes:
Tangerine Ginger Mint Tea
- 4 Tangerines, or 2 Oranges
- 1 piece (4 inches/10 cm) Ginger root
- 2 bunches Spearmint, stems removed
- 1 cup (250 mL) Green tea leaves
Peel rind from tangerines (remove pith) place on rack. Slice gingerroot into 1/8-inch (3 mm) thick slices. Remove leaves from spearmint. Let dry at room temperature until brittle, about 24 hours. Break into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces. In bowl, mix together tangerine rind, ginger, mint leaves and tea leaves. Spoon into decorative bag or airtight jar. Makes about 30 servings.
Hot Spiced Green Tea
- 2 Cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 Green tea bags
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh Ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Lemon peel
- 4 Cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons Honey
In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add boiling water. Cover and steep for 5-6 minutes. Strain, discarding tea bags and spices. Stir honey into tea. Serve immediately, 4 servings.
Citrus Honey Green Tea
- 1 (2 inch) piece Lemon zest, cut into thin slivers
- 2 teaspoons boiling water
- 2 teaspoons Green tea powder
- 3/4 cup Hot water
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed Grapefruit juice
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Honey
Put lemon zest into a large cup or mug. Cover with 2 tsp. boiling water and let steep for about 3 minutes. Stir in the green tea powder and hot water. Add and mix grapefruit juice, lemon juice and honey, Enjoy.
Ice Latte Matcha Green Tea
- 1 teaspoon Green tea (matcha) powder
- 2 1/2 cups Hot water
- 1/2 cup 2% Milk
- 4 teaspoons Honey
Whisk the green tea powder, water, and milk together in a bowl; sweeten with the honey and continue whisking until dissolved into the tea. Chill completely in the refrigerator. Serve poured over ice.
Honey Lavander Green Ice Tea
- 1 cup fresh Mint leaves
- 3-4 Green tea bags
- Honey or agave (optional)
- fresh Lavender leaves (optional)
Place mint leaves in a large glass or BPA-free plastic pitcher. Crush gently with clean hands. Add tea bags, and pour hot water over top, leaving a few inches of room. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours. Remove tea bags; serve over ice. Add honey or agave to sweeten and a few fresh lavender leaves, if you have them on hand.