Is there anything better than a quiet Sunday morning spent with your loved ones and a cup of coffee or tea, and a fresh out of the oven croissant?
Yeah, I don’t think so.
With these tasty homemade croissants you will discover a new extraordinary taste, delicious moments, and for feedback you will be very happy watching your love ones enjoying !
This recipe does require some advance planning, but they are SUPER easy to make, and each step only takes a few minutes.
It just means that if you want to eat croissants on Sunday, you need to start on Friday night.
Don’t let that stave you off though!
Magnificent Delicious Homemade Croissants For Sunday Morning
There are two options for freezing. They both work well, but aren’t quite as good as fresh. You can either freeze the unbaked dough (stop before the egg wash…to bake, just pick up where you left off and add 5 minutes to the baking time) or freeze the baked croissants wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. Unfrozen, these will stay fresh about three days.
- 1 C. Plus 3 T. Milk ( Use Skim Since and its Fine)
- 2 Tsp. Yeast
- 2 1/4 C. Plus 3 T. Flour
- 2 T Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 12 T. Unsalted Butter
- 1 Egg Yolk
Day 1 (Friday night):
- Heat 1 cup milk to lukewarm.
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/4 cup of this milk.
- Stir in 2 T, and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for about 20 minutes.
- Mix sugar and salt into 2 cups plus 2 T flour.
- Add remaining 3/4 cup milk to milk/yeast/flour mixture, stirring at high speed.
- Reduce speed to medium, and gradually add flour mixture, until it forms a soft, sticky dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Combine butter with 3 T. flour.
- Roll dough into a rectangle, about 6×15.
- Spread the butter-all over the top 1/3.
- Fold the dough into thirds (like a letter).
- Turn dough clockwise 1/4 turn.
- Roll and fold a second time.
- Put dough on a baking pan, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
- Roll dough out two more times 9 this is what makes it flaky).
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- About an hour before baking time, roll the dough into a circle.
- Cut into 12 triangles.
- Roll each triangle straight un, starting with the wide end (don’t curl them into a croissant shape, they”ll do that on their own).
- Arrange on a baking sheet, and brush with 2 T milk.
- Let stand at room temp for about a half hour, until doubled.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Mix egg yolk with 1 T milk, and brush over croissants.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Enjoy, Magnificent Delicious Homemade Croissants For Sunday Morning 🙂
More ideas: Puff Pastry Chocolate Croissant Recipe>>>