Many of us in the effort to save energy and money, replaced our old standard light bulbs with environmentally-friendly with the new generation energy saving light bulbs.
However, the new generation of energy efficient light bulbs are so TOXIC that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency created an emergency protocol you need to follow in the event of a bulb breakage, due to the poison gas that is released.
If broken indoors, these light bulbs release 20 times the maximum acceptable mercury concentration into the air, according to a study conducted by researchers from the Fraunhofer Wilhelm Klauditz Institute for German’s Federal Environment Agency.
Energy Efficient Light Bulbs Can Cause Serious Health Problems:
– Cluster headaches
– Inability to concentrate
More importantly, homeowners should know that these energy efficient lights bulbs actually increase your risk of CANCER (particularly skin cancer).
If you are not convinced as to why you should ditch lights bulbs that you are using today, here are more specific reasons why you should switch to incandescent bulbs now:
1. Energy saving bulbs contain mercury
Murcury is a potent neurotoxin that is especially dangerous to children and pregnant women.It is especially toxic to the brain, the nervous system, the liver and the kidneys. It can also damage the cardiovascular, immune and reproductive systems. It can lead lead to tremors, anxiety, insomnia, memory loss, headaches, cancer and Alzheimer’s .
2. Energy saving bulbs can cause cancer
A new study performed by Peter Braun at Berlin Germany’s Alab Laboratory found these light bulbs contain poisonous carcinogens that could cause cancer:
- Phenol, a mildly acidic toxic white crystalline solid, obtained from coal tar and used in chemical manufacture.
- Naphthalene, a volatile white crystalline compound, produced by the distillation of coal tar, used in mothballs and as a raw material for chemical manufacture.
- Styrene, an unsaturated liquid hydrocarbon, obtained as a petroleum byproduct.
3. Energy saving light bulbs emit a lot of UV rays
Energy saving lamps emit UV-B and traces of UV-C radiation. It is generally recognized that UV-radiation is harmful for the skin (can lead to skin cancer) and the eyes. The radiation from these bulbs directly attacks the immune system, and furthermore damages the skin tissues enough to prevent the proper formation of vitamin D-3.
In conclusion,Energy efficient bulbs cause several serious health problems including Cancer, so it is a very good reason to Go Back To Incandescent Bulbs!