Terrific Healthy Christmas Appetizer Recipes
If you are looking for easy to make, healthy Christmas appetizer ideas then this article is for you!
Whether you’re planning a Christmas get-together or you know someone who is, chances are you’ll need an appetizer or starter to share this holiday season.
These awesome recipes are crowd-pleasing finger foods that are easy to make. This collection of party-worthy appetizers proves you can have it all: Refined presentation with delicious, bold flavor without packing on the calories.
Healthy Christmas Appetizer Recipes
The following recipes are the perfect way to start your holiday cocktail party or Christmas dinner. They are easy, low-calorie and diabetes-appropriate appetizers and they will impress your guests for sure.
* CHEESE OLIVETTES
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 ounces 2% reduced-fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 ounces whole-wheat pastry flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 24 pimiento-stuffed manzanilla olives
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed for 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and pepper in a medium bowl. Add flour mixture to cheese mixture; beat at low speed just until combined (dough will be slightly crumbly).
- Pat olives dry. Shape 1 teaspoon dough into a ball; flatten. Place 1 olive in the center, working dough around olive until covered. Roll between palms until round and smooth. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and olives to form 24 olivettes.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom. Cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
* ROASTED BEET CROSTINI
- 1 bunch beets with greens attached
- 16 1/2-inch-thick slices baguette, preferably whole-grain, cut on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces creamy goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Trim greens from beets, reserving stems and greens. Place the beets in a baking pan, cover with foil and roast until very tender when pierced with a knife, 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours, depending on the size of the beets. Uncover and let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- While the beets cool, arrange baguette slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake, turning the slices over once halfway through, until toasted but not browned, about 14 minutes.
- Thinly slice the beet green stems and finely chop the leaves; keep stems and leaves separate. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the stems and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add the greens, vinegar, and water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the greens are tender and the liquid has evaporated, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in salt and remove from the heat.
- Peel the cooled beets and cut into 1-inch pieces. Place 3/4 cup beet pieces, goat cheese, and pepper in a food processor and puree until smooth (reserve the remaining beets for another use).
- To assemble crostini, spread about 2 teaspoons beet-cheese spread on each slice of toasted baguette and top with sautéed greens.
Makes: 16 crostini Active Time: 50 minutes Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
If you find this article interesting and helpful, don’t forget to share with your friends and family, Thanks 🙂
Terrific Christmas Appetizer Recipes Sources: www.myrecipes.com