Dandruff is a harmless, chronic condition that occurs when the scalp becomes dry or greasy and produces white flakes of dead skin.
Medically known as pityriasis capitis or seborrheic dermatitis confined to the scalp, it is a condition that has been around for centuries despite the numerous treatments available.
It can be caused by a number of things, including Dry skin, Sensitivity to hair products and Skin conditions such as Psoriasis, Seborrheic dermatitis, or Eczema.
The overgrowth of yeast can also cause dandruff. It can be caused by stress, hormones, too much oil on the scalp, or problems with the immune system.
The symptoms of dandruff include white flakes of dead skin in the hair and on the shoulders, as well as an itchy, red, or scaly scalp.
Dandruff can often be a chronic condition, but it can be controlled with the proper treatment.
In this article, we are presenting you one of the most popular and efficient natural remedies.
This efficient homemade anti-dandruff shampoo will nourish your hair while soothing your scalp using the power of essential oils. This is a must-have recipe for anyone with dandruff. The recipe is also easily modified for other head and scalp concerns.
The Best Natural Homemade Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- 1/4 C Coconut Milk
- 1/2 C Liquid Castile Soap (like Dr. Bronner’s – from Amazon)
- 1/4 C Vegetable Glycerin
- 2 tsp Coconut, Almond, or Jojoba oil
- 3-4 drops each of these 100% Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils: Melaleuca, Geranium, Ylang Ylang, Basil, Frankincense.
Combine all the ingredients, mix well and put into the bottle you will use. Shake before shampooing!
Note: You can add Glycerin in the last two batches and it thickens up the recipe nicely. The recipe without it works great, but with the glycerin, it has more of a “shampoo like” consistency. You can add up to 1/2 C for desired thickness.
Additional Tips To Prevent Dandruff: To help keep dandruff under control you should:
* Shampoo frequently
* Reduce your stress levels
* Try reducing your use of hair products (e.g., gels and sprays)
* Eat a healthy Diet (Provide your hair with proper food, Include foods having zinc, omega-3 fatty acids, and B vitamins).
* Use baking soda – Instead of using shampoo, use baking soda to wash your hair.
Simply take a handful of baking soda and rub it into your hair and scalp. Rinse well with warm water.
You can continue to use baking soda instead of regular shampoo to wash your hair and treat your dandruff.
The Best Natural Homemade Anti-Dandruff Shampoo source: http://naturallivingmamma.com/