Alkalinity is important to our health.
That is because the cells in our bodies need to maintain their natural alkaline balance in order to stay healthy.
And because of this, consuming alkaline foods can promote great overall health.
Choosing an alkaline lifestyle can be done quite easily.
“The human body goes to great lengths to maintain a slightly alkaline PH of 7.35,
But poor diet and stress can change the PH to an acidic one in which disease can thrive”
You can help your body out tremendously just by adjusting your eating habits.
As a rule of thumb, choosing 70 percent alkaline foods (veggies and legumes) and 30 percent acidic foods (meat and carbs) is the way to go!
The Most Efficient Ways Your Body Becomes More Alkaline and Less Acidic
An alkaline diet will also helps you get a better night’s sleep and one that is infinitely more restful, helping you keep energy levels high throughout your busy day. So, any little change makes a difference!
Here are some key steps to living an alkaline lifestyle:
- Eat green – Fresh fruit, vegetables, roots, nuts and legumes are alkalizing to the body, so increase the amount of fruits and vegetables you eat.
- Reduce acidic foods – Try and limit your intake of meats, eggs, refined sugars, white flour and dairy.
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Drink alkaline water
- Choose natural energy boost drinks – Choose natural, alkalizing energy drinks such as peppermint tea, yerba maté tea, lemon water or a green powder supplement that can cleanse the digestive system, stimulate your metabolism and buffer excess acids.
- Break a sweat
- Seek balance
The 7 Most Alkaline Foods:
SPINACH, KALE, CUCUMBER, BROCCOLI, AVOCADO, CELERY, CAPSICUM, BELL PEPPER, PEPPER.
Alkalized drinks has become all the rage and it’s easy to understand why.
Proponents say that alkalized water can boost your metabolism, reduce acid in your bloodstream, and help your body absorb nutrients more quickly, among other benefits.
1. Alkaline Lemon Water
- 1 pitcher (64 ounces) of clean filtered water
- 1 organic lemon, washed, cut into eighths
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink Salt
- Fill pitcher, add in Lemon wedges (do not squeeze!).
- Add 1 tsp. H.Salt, cover, (8-12 hrs.) and
- Let sit overnight at room temperature.
2. Alkaline Green Juice
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Cucumber
- 1/4 head Cabbage
- 1 cup Kale or Spinach
- 1/2 Lime
- 1 knob Ginger
- Add all ingredients to vegetable juicer.
- Gently mix juice together and consume immediately.
3. Alkaline Baking Soda Water
- 1/8 tbsp (600 mg) baking soda
- 8 oz. (0.237 liters) glass of water
- Add baking soda to an glass of water.
- Baking soda has a high alkaline content.
- Shake (if you are using a water bottle) or stir (if using a glass) the mixture vigorously to make sure the baking soda mixes in thoroughly with the water.
Alkaline drinks offers the best levels of hydration and minerals.
To keep your body nice and hydrated, drink two cups of water first thing in the morning.
With them you’ll be able to counter the natural rate of dehydration you have while sleeping.
The Most Efficient Ways Your Body Becomes More Alkaline and Less Acidic – Via: