TOP TEN Drugs That Cause Kidney Damage: Please Share For Information!
What prescription drugs cause kidney damage, find out!?
Medications are often called drugs, and this is totally easy to understand considering the fact that they can cause various side-effects on and inside the body. Medications specifically do damage to the kidneys, among the most important and vital body organs.
The Top 10 Prescription Drugs That Cause Kidney Damage:
A long list of medications comes from this group, but here is the leading ten of them which causes the best damage. This group of medications consists of analgesics, prescription antibiotics, and more.
Take a more detailed look:
1. Prescription antibiotics, consisting of methicillin, ciprofloxacin, vancomycin, sulfonamides.
2. Analgesics, such as acetaminophen and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID): ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen, and others which individuals can get only by prescription.
3. COX-2 inhibitors, as celecoxib is (more popular under its brand name Celebrex). Two drugs from this group of medications have actually been withdrawn from the market due to that they have actually been shown to be cardiovascular-toxic. These two consist of valdecoxib (known under the brand name Bextra), and rofecoxib (understood under the brand name Vioxx).
These drugs are also members of the group of NSAIDs, however, represent a special class of it. They were created and produced in order to be safer for the stomach, however still cause kidney damage as the other NSAIDs do.
4. Heartburn medications of the proton pump inhibitor class. Some of these medications are lansoprazole (known under the brand name Protonix), omeprazole (known as Prilosec), rabeprazole (known under the trademark name Aciphex and Rancid), esomeprazole (known as Esotrex, Nexium), and pantoprazole (called Protonix).
5. Antiviral drugs, such as acyclovir (understood under the brand Zovirax) used for dealing with herpes infections, and indinavir and tenofovir, used for treating HIV.
6. Medication for dealing with high blood pressure, such as captopril (also understood under its trademark name Capoten).
7. Rheumatoid arthritis medications, such as infliximab (more popular under its brand Remicade); chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, utilized for treating malaria and systemic lupus erythematosus, in addition to rheumatoid arthritis.
8. Lithium, a substance abuse for treating bipolar illness.
9. Anticonvulsants, such as phenytoin (known under its trademark name Dilantin) and trimethadione (called Tridione), drugs used for treating seizures and other conditions.
10. Chemotherapy drugs, such as pamidronate, interferons, carboplatin, cisplatin, tacrolimus, cyclosporine, mitomycin C, quinine, bevacizumab; as well as some anti-thyroid drugs, such as propylthiouracil, utilized for treating overactive thyroid.
TOP TEN Drugs That Cause Kidney Damage: Please Share For Information! Via www.non-stophealthy.com