When you have your meals is just as important as what you eat if you’re trying to whittle your waist.
Chances are your schedule is already so loaded that you cringe at the thought of trying to add another item.
Having a set meal plan, however, can make it easier to lose or maintain weight.
There’s no need to set an alarm, though: The most under-rated strategy for eating smart is timing!
Not to skip meals and not to leave dinner too late.
It is the best to eat a meal or small snack: every three to four hours to fuel your metabolism, help prevent blood-sugar crashes and prevent binge eating.
What Is The Best Time Of Day To Eat?
& which foods work best at specific times of the day? Here’s what our experts advise:
*Ideal Time: 7 – 8 am
*Don’t have it later than 10 am
*Must Remember: Eat within 30 min of waking up
Healthy Breakfast Recipe idea – Banana walnut oatmeal
Packed with iron, dietary fiber, and thiamine, oats are a nutritional superstar that deserve recognition. Inexpensive and quick to prepare, a bowl of oatmeal is delicious with dried fruit and nuts.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- water 1 cup
- 1 banana, sliced
- chopped walnuts 1 tablespoon
- cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Combine oats and 1 cup water in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at high 3 minutes.
- Top with banana slices, walnuts, and cinnamon.
*Ideal Time: 12:30 – 2 pm
*Don’t have it latter then: 4 pm
*Must Remember: An ideal time gap between breakfast and lunch is 4 ours.
Healthy Lunch Recipe Idea – Spicy tuna pasta salad
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Place pasta in a large bowl. Drain tuna, reserving oil. Remove and discard chili. Flake tuna into large chunks.
- Add tuna, reserved oil, artichokes, rocket, and avocado. Drizzle with lemon juice. Season well with salt and pepper. Gently toss to combine.
Check the time and stop to have a snack three to four hours after lunch. Often we can’t tell that our blood sugar is dropping.
Healthy snacks ideas: Crispbread with cottage cheese, or almonds and a piece of fruit.
*Ideal Time: 6 – 9 pm
*Don’t have it latter then: 10 pm
*Must Remember: The meal should be at least 3 hrs before you sleep
Healthy Dinner Recipe Idea – Chicken and Cashews
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (about 3 green onions)
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted cashews
– Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce, sherry, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, and chicken in a large bowl; toss well to coat. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch, broth, oyster sauce, and honey in a small bowl.
– Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture to pan; sauté 3 minutes.
– Remove from pan. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a pan. Add onion, celery, and bell pepper to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add ginger and garlic; sauté 1 minute.
– Return chicken mixture to pan; sauté 1 minute. Stir in broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with green onions and cashews.
– Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup chopped an onion and 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger to pan; sauté 2 minutes.
– Stir in 1 cup water, 1/2 cup long-grain rice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
– Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro.
What Is The Best Time Of Day To Eat – sources: www.myrecipes.com, www.besthealthmag.