Many women suffer from painful monthly period cycles, unaware of the effective natural remedies that can make their periods more comfortable.
Menstrual cramps are caused by contractions of a uterus, which is a muscle. Excessively painful menstruation can be a sign of a more serious underlying medical issue, such as endometriosis, a uterine infection, or a problem with the uterine anatomy.
The symptoms of menstrual cramps include:
- Aching pain in the abdomen and it can be severe at times.
- Feeling of pressure in the abdomen.
- Pain in the hips, lower back, and inner thighs.
What you eat during your period and even the week before could help your body deal with cramps and reduce other symptoms as well.
What To Consume For Easier Monthly Period Cycles:
Raspberry leaf is considered to be a mild uterine tonic. Try a cup of raspberry leaf tea each day throughout the month.
* Green, Peppermint, and Chamomile Tea
All of these teas can help with menstrual cramps and also they are very good for upset stomach.
Have you ever heard that you should eat a banana after exercising to stop muscle cramps from settling in the next day? The same thing is true for menstrual cramps. Eat a banana before or during your cycle to avoid cramps and reduce bloating.
Cinnamon may soothe menstrual cramps. Additionally, the spice provides an excellent source of dietary fiber, calcium, and iron, as well as manganese, which may also help relieve the symptoms of menstruation.
Calcium can help reduce muscle cramping during menstruation. Foods high in calcium include dairy products, sesame seeds, almonds, leafy green vegetables.
* Poor nutrition
Poor nutrition can lead to deficiencies that can worsen menstruation symptoms, so stock up on foods packed with essential vitamins and nutrients, including the following: brown rice,walnuts, almonds, and pumpkin seeds olive oil and broccoli,chicken, fish, and leafy green vegetables (contain iron, which is lost during menstruation.)
FOODS TO AVOID: Fatty foods, Alcohol, Carbonated beverages, Cut on Caffeine.
Other helpful tips
- Acupuncture is a component of traditional Chinese medicine, which involves sticking the skin with small needles to stimulate the body at certain points.It might have positive effects on menstrual cramps.
- Use a Heating Pad or hot water bottle is a simple, tried and true way to reduce muscle spasms.
- Exercise three to four times a week is good for the overall health of your body, but it is especially important if you’re prone to painful menstrual cramps.
Monthly Period Pain Reliever Drink
- 1 1/2 cup cucumber, unpeeled, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup honeydew melon, chopped
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt with probiotic bacteria
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Fresh lemon juice
- Crushed ice
- Lemon wedges and Fresh mint leaves ( for garnish)
Instructions: Combine all the ingredients in a blender, except the lemon wedges and mint leaves, blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into glasses and garnish with lemon wedges and mint leaves. Serve and Enjoy your monthly period.
Note: If you find this article interesting and helpful, Don’t forget to share with your friends and family! What To Consume For Easier Monthly Period Cycles 🙂