What To Consume To Rejuvenate Your Liver In The Best Way
The liver is the body’s first line of defense against toxins.
Functioning as a filter in preventing toxic substances from accumulating in the blood stream.
The most impressive thing about the liver is its ability to regenerate itself.
When it is given the critical nutrients, a healthy whole foods diet, and herbs to help it function, it can be restored to health in most circumstances.
Toxins are anything that can potentially harm the body,
Including waste products that result from normal cell activity, such as:
Ammonia, lactic acid and homocysteine, and human made toxins that we are exposed to in our environment, food, and water.
Strengthening the liver is one of the ways to boost energy, balance weight, and strengthen overall health.
What To Consume To Rejuvenate Your Liver In The Best Way:
1.Cranberry Rejuvenate Tonic
- Cranberry Water unsweetened Cranberry juice
- Ground ginger
- Freshly squeezed orange juice
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
Bring Cranberry Water(be sure to use 100 percent pure, unsweetened cranberry juice that has no sugar, corn syrup or other juices added) to a light boil; reduce the heat to low.
Place cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg into a tea ball
Add to the Cranberry Water. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes; cool to room temp.
Stir in the orange and lemon juices.
2. Grapefruit Cleansing Tonic
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 orange, tangelo or tangerine
- 1 lemon
- 1 apple
- 1” knob of ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 1 pinch of cayenne
- 4 leaves of kale, chopped
Peel and slice the grapefruit, orange and lemon and place in the blender.
Chop the apple into 1-inch chunks and add it to the citrus along with the ginger root.
Blend the fruit, adding ¼-1/2 cups of filtered water if necessary.
Add the kale and cayenne and blend until very smooth.
3. 3 – Day Juice Cleanse
During the actual cleanse days, at least 32 ounces of juice or smoothie is usually suggested, with at least half being green vegetable juice.
- Upon waking: lukewarm water with a splash of fresh lemon juice
- 8-9 am: Juice, such as the Green vegetable juice
- 10:30-11:30 am: Juice (or smoothie/cleanse food)
- 1-2 pm: Juice (or smoothie/cleanse food)
- 3-4 pm: Juice such as the Beet, carrot, apple juice
- 5-6 pm: Juice (or smoothie/cleanse food)
- 6-8 pm: Smoothie or almond or cashew nut “milk”
Supporting the liver’s detoxification ability will increase its ability to perform, keeping the toxins in the bloodstream to a minimum.
Regular incorporation of the following foods into your diet will boost the liver’s detox capability:
- Broccoli Sprouts
If you still wonder what to consume to rejuvenate your liver in the best way I hope these recipes will help!