Acid Reflux is a condition in which acidic gastric fluid is regurgitated into the: Esophagus, causing heartburn, thought to be caused by excessive amounts of acid in your stomach. Which is why acid-blocking drugs are typically prescribed or recommended. This is a serious medical misconception that adversely affects hundreds of millions of people. As the problem usually results from having too little acid in your stomach.
The most important thing you can do first of all is to stop taking antacids that continue to further reduce the stomach acid production that causes indigestion. Start drinking the right juices and go on a soft diet, to allow the ulcers to heal.
Prevention is the best cure for indigestion. Avoid processed foods, dietary fats, chocolate, mint, alcohol, caffeine, hot-spicy foods, and gas-causing foods and eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. Without taking antacids, try some of these natural methods to temporarily ease the heartburns.
The Best Drinks For Acid Reflux Relief:
Water, Herbal Tea, Goat’s Milk or Skim Milk, Apple, Carrot, Aloe vera, and Cabbage juices.
Slippery Elm Tea recipe:
- Pour 2 cups boiling water over 4 g (roughly 2 tablespoons) of powdered bark, then steep for 3 – 5 minutes. Drink 3 times per day.
Ginger Root Drink recipe:
- Add 2 or 3 slices of fresh ginger root to two cups of hot water. Let steep for about half an hour. Drink about 20 minutes or so before your meal.
Sodium Bicarbonate recipe:
One-half to one full teaspoon of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) in an eight-ounce glass of water may ease the burn of acid reflux as it helps neutralize stomach acid.
Aloe Cooler recipe:
- 3-inch chunk of aloe gel and add about 3 Tbsp, or filet an aloe leaf and cut a 3-inch chunk)
Juice from 1 lemon and 2 limes (if citrus is irritating to your reflux issues, use a different type of juice!)
8 ounces coconut water (fermented or plain), honey to taste, ice. Blend all ingredients until smooth!
Spirulina Powder recipe:
- Drinking an 8 oz glass of water with 1 tsp of spirulina powder stirred into it.
Cucumber Celery Juice recipe:
- 2 carrots, 1 cucumber, 6-8 ribs of celery, 1-inch ginger root. Mix all ingredients in a blender.
Lemongrass Juice recipe:
- Pound 6 lemongrass bulbs + slice an inch of ginger root, boil them in about 500 ml of water for 5 mins. Mix in some raw manuka honey to taste when a little cooler. Drink slightly warm.
Carrot, Lotus root, Jicama, Potato are very mild and calming to the digestive system and wounds/ulcers in the tract.
Fennel and kohlrabi have antiseptic properties that help improve the digestive system and the other green vegetables are alkaline and soothing as well.
Banana, Papaya, and Avocado are all alkaline foods that have a similar creamy texture that is soothing to the already sensitive surface of the intestinal tract.
The healing properties heal on its way down and also neutralize the acidic environment to reduce pain.
If you find this article interesting and helpful, Please don’t forget to share with your friends and family) What To Drink For Acid Reflux Relief source: http://articles.mercola.com/